Job Type: Full-Time
The position of investment analyst at Winthrop Capital Management (WCM) is an entry level position designed to provide candidates with a challenging, meaningful and supportive opportunity to build a career in the investment management business.
The position requires a disciplined, organized, and engaged individual who can contribute positively to our culture in a team-oriented environment. The successful candidate should have the ability to contribute in a positive manner to our culture by operating consistently within established processes, holding oneself accountable, and seeking to continually learn.
- Assist in the maintenance of asset allocation models and portfolio structures.
- Assist in the design and testing of Winthrop Technology Solution’s proprietary portfolio and risk analytic software called Wombat.
- Analyze performance and risk attributes of portfolio total return
- Detailed analysis of duration and yield calculations for securities in portfolios
- Review portfolio compliance relative to compliance rules for each account
- Responsible for automating and testing the batch reporting system for client portfolios
- Reconcile performance numbers on a monthly basis across 500 accounts between the current performance measurement system and our proprietary performance analytics system called Wombat.
- Update security and portfolio analytics.
- Maintain risk models for portfolios.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer with producing documentation for the registered investment company’s quarterly compliance with Securities Exchange Commission rules.
- Provide support to portfolio managers and analysts as needed.
- Assist in quarterly client reporting process.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of experience in the investment industry
- Possession of bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business
- Solid mathematics and quantitative skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Desire to pursue CFA
To apply for this position, please send an updated resume to Amy Anderson at: [email protected]
All resumes are considered confidential. Winthrop Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.